Monday, June 1, 2009

FIVE DAYS AND COUNTING...

Hello eWorld.

This is my first post to my first blog. Like all things new, we get exposed to elements that are not necessarily in our comfort zone, but the reward of stepping and taking chances is great for those who dare.

This is my dare-to go to Europe with a blank slate and learn everything and anything I can about Europe and its cultural, customs and societies as a whole. More importantly, I will come back with lessons to share in my profession and communities.

Now you may wonder why am I starting a blog of this way. I do this to set the tone for not only this communication, but my fellowship as well.

This fellowship is part of the German Marshall Fund (www.gmfus.org) It afford young professionals like myself :-) an opportunity to explore policy issues in our trans-Atlantic counterparts.

Now, the fun begins-packing. Being a man, of course I haven't packed a thing. Fret not, because I do have a list and I know what I'm taking. I also have Fellow alums who have been advising me wonderful on how to pack and more importantly, how NOT to pack. From the dry cleaners to the tailor (yes I got some tailored made shirts and suits, this is how we roll in Chicago), I preparing to represent everyone and anyone that has impacted my development as a man, son, brother, uncle, employee, manager, leader, follower, friend...you get the picture.

In five days, I will join a group of diverse, talented and accomplished young professionals on a 9+ hour flight to be this experience. Much more to do, but that's the thrill of it. You will never be as prepared as you would like, but you should enjoy the journey along the way and the destination will be worth the ups and down.

So, as I prepare to start packing, I will continue to update on my stops, meetings sights and lessons learned.

To all my consumers of my cooking, yes I will be exploring the cuisines of the different countries as much as I can and will include a section on the cuisines, including pictures, where to go (off the path) and what to and not to eat.

So as I begin this fellowship, I ask you to being this blog journey with me and follow my stops and let me know your thoughts as you will be in my thoughts.

Much love, much prayer and much success,

Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers